Friday 9 December 2011

Christmas Pop Up Shop with Pure Enough

So, after a tough couple of weeks I'm finally back in the workroom where I belong and could not be happier.  I haven't been entirely idle, though, as I've been drawing inspiration from some really wonderfully talented floral designers out there and am loving the trends towards really natural, rustic Christmas door wreaths.

Tomorrow I'm really flattered to say that I'm being featured in Amy Freann-Worthington's lovely shop Pure Enough on Sheffield's Banner Cross and hope to showcase some of my hand-crafted but naturally inspired Christmas door wreath designs.

Here are a couple of examples of the kind of work I will be featuring and, as always, I've tried to source as much material locally as possible





Very rustic, natural Christmas door wreath made from Scots Pine, Ivy, Birch, locally sourced cones and dried lime slices.


Simple, natural Christmas door wreath made from Blue Cupressus, Yew and Ivy and decorated with assorted cones, cinnamon sticks and hot, hot chilli peppers.

These natural door wreaths are also a little kinder on the hands to construct, than their more traditional counterparts, however, I have prepared a tutorial on how to make a traditional Blue Spruce door wreath, which I will upload in the next few days. Until then, it's good to be back!

No comments: