Monday 16 April 2012

Wedding Fayre at The Leopold Hotel

On Sunday, Lottie and I were at The Leopold Hotel wedding fayre, organised by Firefly Event Management, we had an amazing day chatting to lots of Brides who really seemed to love our pretty wedding flowers in soft hues of pinks, peaches and cream.  Gypsophilia was also incredibly popular, with the little Alice Band causing much reminiscing of bridesmaids past!

Here are a few of the designs our Bride's got to see first hand:-


Gorgeous roses in lovely peaches, creams and soft pink with viburnum opulus to be used on the ceremony table or top table instead of the usual long and low arrangements


A pretty hand tied bouquet with a pearl collar and pale pink organza ribbon trails


Lovely Spring budding twigs were also added for texture


'Sweet Akito', 'Crema' and 'Peach Avalanche' roses


My shoes, after a hard day!


A double rose and gypsophilia wrist corsage on champagne satin ribbon


A pretty 'just hand picked' bouquet of spray roses, 'sweet akito' roses, astrantia, wheat, lavender, and wax flower with a tiny replica buttonhole


A goldfish bowl table arrangement


The pretty headdress proved a real talking point



A stunning arrangement of 'crema' roses, viburnum opulus, gypsolphilia, astilbe, ammi and eucalyptus which would happily replace a more traditional pedestal


A Bride's bouquet and buttonhole in the same materials









Ribbon detail of green satin with a lace overlay.  I also really like to see the pearl headed pins at the front of the design - they remind me of Victorian button boots!






A little wrist corsage  on a pearl wrist bracelet which so many people thought wasn't real because the roses were so perfect


Beautiful calla lilies with astilbe, eucalyptus, bear grass and twig


A groom's calla lily buttonhole with scabious seed pod, eucalyptus and lisianthus



 It was wall-to-wall gyp with this candlestick design




 A little gyp hand tied with a tiny buttonhole to match


I started to regret doing this design about half-way through - I think it was worth it though.  I'm secretly hoping that no-one wants 10 of them!


So these are some of my designs which seemed to appeal to the Brides who came and chatted with us,  I hope they've provided you with some inspiration.  If you have a favourite, I'd love to hear from you.

Next up on the blog - some proper photos from the very wonderful and creative Niel Stewart who I was lucky enough to meet at the wedding fayre.  His fantastic photography is all about capturing that special moment and I am delighted to say that he took away one of my designs to shoot and I can't believe the results - they are fabulous. 

So 'til then, enjoy!


Tracey x

1 comment:

Lottie Clark said...

How well received was all that gyp?! What a great response to all the arrangements! I loved the elegance of the white candlestick table piece and the gorgeous soft hues of the delicate rose arrangements. Was also very impressed at our savvy brides who noticed the inclusion of lavendar and wheat in the 'meadow-insired' hand-tied and buttonhole! Was one of my favourite touches of the day.

L, xxx