Monday 2 July 2012

Cool and Considered - An all white wedding bouquet

Hello all, just a really quick post today from me as there's quite a bit going on here at Campbell's HQ. I'm busy sketching and designing as I've been asked to prepare samples for a fairly major event which will be happening soon, they're pretty large scale and need to have real impact - so I'm thinking through the colour schemes I've been given.

In the meantime, I've put together this really pretty little bouquet in whites and creams.  I obviously get to work with colour all the time and absolutely love interpreting and translating themes and palettes into flowers, but every now and again a neutral design is what I need! I love the way traditional whites, creams and greens are so cool and calming - I know the Summer has been disappointing so far - but during a hot July wedding what could be more welcome than the creamy subtlety of a design like this?


This hand tied posy design would be suitable for a Bride or Bridesmaid


I found this gorgeous organza ribbon which is made up of little roses and contains pretty little pearl beads - so pretty


A closer close-up!


Texture adds interest to a design and although this bouquet only has three kinds of flower materials, it looks so very different from a bouquet of all roses


The materials I used were 'Avalanche' roses, white double lisianthus and cream santini chrysanthemum


Brides often ask me what they should do with their bouquet when they sit down to eat the meal, I often suggest providing a vase so that their flowers are still in water and be enjoyed to the full by all your guests.  Good places to site your bouquet are on the top table with you, on a cake table, pressie table or guest book signing table.

That's all for now! Have to whizz off and get on - hope you like these designs.  Be sure to leave me a comment if you want any help or advice on flowery wedding matters. I'll always do whatever I can to help and get back to you as soon as poss.

Tracey x 

4 comments:

Clare Evers said...

Lovely simple and classic

Anne-Marie Smith said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful :)

Campbells Flowers said...

Thanks for your lovely comments ladies - feedback is always appreciated, especially when it's good!! xx

John david said...

Amazing wedding florists, I love this all to use my wedding decorations. thanks to share this here.