Wednesday 26 September 2012

Ascenza & Franco - Lilac, Lavender & September Flower

Hello all, today's Campbell's couple are the lovely Ascenza and Franco who were married on a very wet and windy day this week.

When Ascenza came to visit me she told me her theme was lilac and lavender and that she especially wanted a bouquet with lots of scent and that her wedding was in September.  Now, I'm not sure if you have noticed, but we have really pretty pale purple daisy type flower which is a member of the aster family and grows wild along our roadsides at this time of the year.  It's aptly nicknamed September flower and when I mentioned this to Ascenza, she absolutely loved the idea of including it in her bouquet.  We both also loved the idea that when she saw it growing every year, she would be reminded of her wedding day.




As Ascenza wanted a really soft, feminine and romantic hand tied posy I suggested we go for a 'just picked' style and showed her some of the bouquets I had made this year - she loved them all, so I knew it would be really easy to find just what she wanted.

We finally settled on pale lilac freesia for scent and its gorgeous shape - I love the tendril-like quality of its shape.  This was teamed with dried lavender, cream spray roses, the aforementioned aster, a little green bell and some gorgeous eucalyptus which complimented the colours beautifully.  The bouquet was kept very simple and was finished with a lovely cream satin band of ribbon, fixed with pearl headed pins. Here are a few photos of the finished design and I can't wait to see the 'official' ones soon!




Franco's buttonhole of spray roses and lavender was finished with a tie of cream satin ribbon



Congratulations to such a lovely lady - I know I will think of her every time I see September flower in the hedgerows each year!

Do you have a particular flower which reminds you of a specific time of year?  If so, I'd love to hear from you - I might even feature your story in one of our posts too!  Email me, or leave me a message below and I'll get back to you asap.

Tx

No comments: