Tuesday 17 September 2013

The New Girl in Town

Hello!!

Just wanted to take the time to introduce myself, my name is Amy and I will be working here at Campbells HQ with the amazing Tracey up until I have my little baby in the Winter, however, in the words of Arnie "I'll be back".  All being well I will be back with you in the Spring, hopefully a little lighter, but probably a little more tired.  You will be hearing a lot from me as I will be helping out with blog posts, social media and wedding fayres.  It took me all of 2 seconds to say "Yes", when Tracey asked me if I would work with her, the thought of working with someone I admired and got on with so well was a concept I just couldn't turn down.

To help you get to know me, Tracey suggested that I tell you what my favourite flower is and how that relates to me but to be perfectly honest I just can't choose!  So, I have decided to tell you a little bit about my own wedding flowers and the style I like.

I got married down in Cornwall back in 2007, a couple of days before the wedding we went to have a little chat with a local florist, there was only me having flowers as I didn't have any bridesmaids (unless you count my little dog) as it was a small intimate wedding.  The brief we gave her was that I wanted it to look like I had just bent down in the middle of a meadow and scooped up a bunch of flowers.  As you can see from the picture she really took my brief on board and this is what she came up with.





So I would say my style is very rustic and natural.  As you can see the style is similar to the wonderful Campbell's Flowers and this was 4 years before we even crossed paths.  So you can see why I instantly fell in love the work we do here.

We have lots planned in the next couple of weeks.  The main thing being the wedding fayre hosted by Save the Date on the 13th October, which you will be able to read about in future blog posts.  I get to spend a lot of time looking at beautiful pictures of flowers as I help update the website and just help Tracey keep things up-to-date and in check.  I feel so lucky that I get to do a job that I absolutely love even if it is just for one day a week.

Hope this gave you a brief idea of what I am about.  Talk soon.

Amy xx

If you need to, you can also find us on:-

websitefacebooktwitterpinterestYouTube

No comments: