Friday 7 November 2014

Carlton Towers & The Whiting Collection Photo Shoot - A Sumptuous Summer Setting

Hi all!

So, it's been a little while since I have I have had the time to bring you a blog (we have been rushed off if our feet here at Campbell's HQ) and what better than a photo shoot to get back into the swing of things.  T was lucky enough to involved with this stunning shoot at Carlton Towers with the amazing KMR Bridal.  Here is what T had to say about working on the shoot and the inspiration behind her floral designs.

"I was thrilled when Kelly contacted me about the shoot - we'd met a few months previously at a wedding fair where my daughter was wearing one of my floral crowns!  We'd both loved each other's design style and aesthetic and had agreed to collaborate at some point.  When she told me the shoot was to showcase her latest collection, at the fabulous Carlton Towers, I jumped at the chance."





"I designed several bouquets for the shoot, all in my very relaxed, soft, natural, 'just picked' style in different shapes to suit the different silhouettes of Kelly's gowns.  Bouquets featured a meadowy cascading, almost sheaf style design in lovely bright locally grown, summery blooms using wheat, lavender, daisies, nigella, ammi, lysmachia and sweetly scented herbs such as clary sage, mint and oregano.  I also created a slightly smaller more posy-style bouquet using similar flowers but with the addition of an alternative variety of daisy and lots of pretty thistles."





"Here at Campbell's, we've found that many of our brides are looking for an unstructured, slightly asymmetric bouquet using seasonal blooms.  This I created in muted tones of soft pale pinks. lilacs, lavenders, all of which are very much on trend at the moment.  Flowers and foliage were highly textured and included 'memory lane' roses, peonies, hydrangea, spray roses and campanula teamed with lots of soft trailing ferns, gorgeous silvery senecio and jasmine vines.  To complete the look I designed a really full bridal crown using more of the roses and pretty green eustoma, along with wheat and white thistles."





"For my final bouquet, I put together stylish, classic 'balls' of the babiest shell pink hydrangea to work alongside a slightly more elegant, formal gown, along with a 'pom - pom' buttonhole to match, for our groom.  Kelly had also dropped off a stunning silver candelabra which had belonged to her grandmother, which seemed to cry out for balls of hydrangea, softened with wispy asparagus fern!"



"Lastly in keeping with the grand, historic surroundings, I designed a really soft, flowing design into an urn I'd brought along with me filling it full of lush, opulent, open peonies, hydrangea, roses and lots of gorgeous foliage kindly donated by the lovely gardeners at the Carlton Towers estate."


Full credit for the photographs goes to  RJH Wedding Photography who took some amazing shots as you can see.


If you have been inspired by our words, flowers or photography there are plenty of ways that you can get in touch via our website or through facebooktwitterpinterestYouTube

Thanks for reading and I promise not to leave it so long next time!
Amy x 

No comments: